Video poker is a very popular game in the electronic gambling business. However, even though it is similar to the real live game, it is very different because you are basically playing against yourself and you don’t have opponents to try and read as you make your bet. You have to get a winning hand in order to win, you can’t bluff your way to a win with a losing hand. Some tips to help you get that winning hand are included below. Keep in mind that even with these tips, the machine uses a random number generator and you still need luck to win.
You have a better chance of hitting an open-ended straight than you do a gut-shot straight. And whatever you do, never accept the casino bonus. That is just not smart. Open-ended straights have 8 winning cards to draw to while a gut-shot straight only has four. Also keep in mind that if you have this same scenario and three of the four cards are the same suit, you have an even better chance of hitting a flush than you do the straight.
Don’t hold two different face cards, it typically doesn’t pay off. Choose one and hope for at least a pair or play for a flush or straight if you have more than two face cards. Make sure you read the game rules for winning hands. For example, if you are playing Jacks or Better you only need a pair of jacks; however, if you are playing Aces you need a pair of Aces or better.
Make sure you are betting enough credits to get a decent payout or you will simply be winning back your credits. If you are on a quarter machine you should play two or three credits at least. If it’s a progressive machine, make sure you are betting enough to win the jackpot should you get the winning hand, usually a Royal Flush but could be five of a kind in deuces wild.
These tips won’t guarantee that you win in video poker, but they will increase your odds. You simply have to play smart and hope Lady Luck is on your side.
If you are going to play in the online casinos that have taken the Internet by storm, you need to understand the different types of bonuses that are available so that you can choose the best one for you and get the most for your money. If you don’t, you could literally be losing money. The following information should help you understand casino bonuses so that you can choose the best one.
- The Match Bonus – This match varies from casino to casino. Some will match you dollar for dollar, while others might match your deposit with more than that, up to $2 or $3 per dollar. However, there is typically a minimum and a maximum amount that you can deposit. Before you start depositing, make sure you read the details as there are always stipulations.
- No Deposit Bonus – This bonus does not require the players to make a deposit in order to get the bonus. However, you most likely have to use a credit card to sign up.
- Timed Bonus – This bonus has a time limit that it must be used within or it will be void. This is typically does not require you to make a matching bonus and in fact, the bonus will simply show up in your account and if you are logged in when it does, you can use it. If you don’t see it, it will be gone again in the pre-determined time.
- High Roller Bonuses – If you are a big spender in the casinos, you just might find yourself on the receiving end of a high roller bonus. This is a bonus that some casinos offer to their high spending players.
These are just a few of the many different bonuses that you can find at the online casinos. There are many more that you can explore and possibly log on and use if it strikes your fancy. The bottom line is to make sure that you have compared what is out there and chosen a casino that does give you a bonus rather than leaving it hanging on the table.
If you are a true gamer who hits the casinos to win money, not simply play the games for fun, you don’t want to take your family with you when you go. You already know you can’t take your children in the casino, but, you also don’t want to make your game time a time for your mother-in-law, spouse and any other adults you happen to have with you on vacation. If you have a group of people with you on vacation, don’t play the casinos for money or you can be distracted and lose money.
When you are going to the tables or the slots to try and win money, you don’t need the distractions that family can often bring. If you are playing and your family sees that you have a good hand, you don’t need them alerting the others at the table with their excitement. You know how to bluff and you don’t need for them to mess up your game. Distractions can cause you to lose your money and you don’t need that.
If your family wants to go with you to the casino, that is fine, just don’t plan on playing for big money or being able to concentrate on your game. You will need to be prepared to show them how to play different games and how to have fun but you won’t be able to take the time to play serious games where you can actually win. Don’t sweat it; this is your family’s vacation time. If you want to make time for your own gambling and make it serious time, you need to schedule your own trip of set aside some time that you can use for yourself without being distracted by anyone.
Family vacations are not gambling time. You can show your family the casino and let them try their hand at the slots but you don’t want to think you are going to have time to sit and play as if you are on your own. The bottom line is that you shouldn’t take your family on a vacation that you want to use as a venue to have time playing the tables.
If your teenager spends hour after hour online, you need to make sure you are aware of what they are doing and whether or not they are unknowingly harming themselves. Addictions are powerful and can come in a variety of forms. Some online addictions, like social networking and chatting with friends is not as harmful as other forms of addiction like online gambling. You might not think that your teenager has ways to play games online that require a buy in; however, many of these gaming sites accept more than one form of payment and anyone can have a PayPal or other online funding source. If you notice any of the signs included here that are common among teens that gamble online, you should intervene and get your child help.
Any of these signs could signal that your teen is either gambling online or doing something else that could be dangerous online and if you notice these you should become very interested in their online life.
- Asking you to put their money in an online account for them, such as a PayPal account. These accounts typically require a credit card or bank account to be linked to them. If your child has a bank account you may not realize they are spending their money online. However, if you notice them asking you to make the deposits for them ask why and don’t give up until you have an answer.
- Secretive behavior. If your teenager doesn’t want you to know what they are doing online and most of them don’t, you need to find out what they are doing. As their parent, you have the right to know.
- Unexpected income or nothing to show for their money being gone. If your teenager has either a sudden influx of money or has no money but can’t explain where it went, they may be wagering online. Do you investigating and find out.
As a parent, you have the right to be proactive and protect your child. It is your right and duty to be nosey and involved in their life no matter how angry they become.